Saturday, April 24, 2010

papa Joe

Thursday, November 19, 2009 at 11:50pm

1986: Dad- "eat your vegetables, it wouldnt kill you to try it.."
Sarah "chocolate cake and cheese doodles wont kill me either dad, but you wont let me eat it for dinner"


My dad... hard headed, stuborn, loving, and furry. i wouldnt trade him in for the world. true, we dont always get along. but really, who does. weve argued, he doesnt agree with several of my decisions, but he's my dad. he's supposed to disagree.
but he was right tjere to watch me get my cheerleading trophies, or make a fantastic baton catch... my parents rock.. i really gotta say.h

so, over the last few years, things have somehow manifested into a whole new level of understanding. . i get him now. i may not agree, but i get it.

this man, who told me to eat my vegetables and even got me to try liver once, is facing some serious issues right now. all that healthy eating, has landed him on a suergons table tomorrow, for a quadruple bypass. and im not gonna lie. im scared. i am selfishly NOT ready for my parents to b getting older. They are like peas in a pod. i cannot imagine one without the other.. and i dont think they can either.
yin and yang, they have been the friving force behind my life.. and I thank God daily for them..
besides that, they gave me fantastic hair. ;)

So, with this new era of our lives, I am asking God to handle it.. i learned along time ago, that i cant fix everything. when it is beyond my control, it is up to him..

Lord, please keep him well.. I dont think he's done here yet.. i still dont eat liver.

No comments:

Post a Comment